Covid-19 Information & Advice

Know the symptoms of COVID-19:

If you have any of these symptoms, you should behave as if you have the virus and self-isolate. People in your household will need to restrict their movements. You may also need to be tested for COVID-19. Getting tested for COVID-19 is free. If you're confused about the differences between symptoms of COVID-19, the cold and flu, the HSE has more information.

Get the most up to date, official information:

Family Carers Ireland has produced an Emergency Care Scheme in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please click here to find out more.

For a guide to Covid-19 social welfare supports for family carers including a list of FAQs, please click here.

For guidance on cocooning to protect people over 70 years and those extremely medically vulnerable from Covid-19, please click here. Note advice for family carers (section 10).

For guidance on reducing the risk of Covid-19 infection for Older People and Others at Risk of Severe Diseases, please click here.

Also, Guidance for Health and Social Care Workers who visit homes can be found here. Please note that while this is not aimed at family carers, a lot of the advice is very relevant.

An FAQ document for people with disabilities and family carers (prepared jointly by the HSE, Family Carers Ireland and Inclusion Ireland) can be found here.

COVID-19 Community Call Forum:

As part of the Government response to the COVID-19 crisis, your local authority (council) has established a COVID-19 Community Call Forum. Your local forum works with State agencies and community and voluntary groups to provide supports or services to any vulnerable person who needs them.

Your forum brings together different organisations to provide important services like: collection and delivery of essential items like food, ‘meals-on-wheels’,
household items, fuel or medicine (in line with guidance) support if you are experiencing social isolation or are cocooning

If you need help, if you know someone who needs help, or if you would like to offer help, please use the numbers or email for your local authority (council) as listed in this leaflet.