Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Description: Family Carers Ireland are pleased to have partnered with Mental Health Ireland to co-produce this Mental Health and Family Caring Education Programme. This five-week online programme's aim is to support the supporters of people with mental health challenges. Adapted from the Meriden Family Programme 'Caring for Carers', this programme has been co-produced with family carers, supporters, people with lived experience of mental health challenges and service providers.
By the end of the programme participants will have:
- Had time to reflect on and build tools and techniques to enhance their self-care
- Expanded their understanding of the concepts of mental health, mental illness and recovery
- Increased awareness around their boundaries with regard to personal wellbeing and the caring role
- Had an opportunity to learn about and practice communication skills and active listening
- Learned about supports and services available for those who are caring
The programme will be co-delivered by staff from the South East Recovery College, Family Carers Ireland, Family Carers, and people with lived experience of mental health challenges.
Places are limited so please consider if you are in a position to commit to the five weeks.
To take part in the programme you will need a smart-phone, laptop, tablet, iPad or PC and a reliable internet connection. The programme will be delivered through Zoom. All materials will be sent out to you in advance of programme delivery
Location: All counties
Mode of Delivery: Online/Virtual
Pre-registration Required: Yes
Registration Details: Phone: 056 770 3666. Mobile: 086 1746 330. Email: email@example.com
Cost of Activity/Event: Free
Target Audience: New carer, current carer, young carer
Further Information: Please contact Bernadette O'Connor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 086 7749838.